You have likely already heard the new Public Health protocols laid out by the provincial government.
The full protocols are available here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
In response to these measures, the BKA will implement the following changes to the adult program, effective immediately:
As of Thursday, Sept 16:
- Implement Restrictions Exemption Program requiring proof of double vaccination from all adult members to be able to attend classes
- “Check-in” table to confirm and document proof of vaccination before class
- Proof of vaccination only need be presented once
- Implement Restrictions Exemption Program as above for any youth program members wishing to also attend adult classes
- Suspend high intensity interval/cardio portion of strength training; will reassess every 2 weeks
- Suspend all partner work; will reassess every 2 weeks
- To reduce numbers on the floor, Friday adult classes will no longer have a crossover period between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Students may either arrive at the 6:00 pm start time, or at the 7:30 pm start time. Students who start at 6:00 pm are welcome to attend the full 3 hrs if they so desire.
- Reinforce symptom screening before class
- Symptom checklist prominently displayed at entrance to facility
- Students are asked to review symptom checklist at home before class, and not attend if they screen positive
- Continue with enhanced cleaning protocols, open windows for airflow, etc., as outlined in previously circulated Covid policy (available on website)
The BKA will continue to monitor, react to, and exceed recommended public health measures.
With regards to the Restrictions Exemption Program, proof of vaccination with both doses can be provided in the following ways:
- Print out/screenshot of vaccination statement from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords
- Print out/screenshot of vaccination card from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords (available as of Sunday Sept 19)
- Hard copy/photograph/screenshot of vaccination sheet provided at time of vaccination
The BKA is committed to acting in the best interest of the health and wellbeing of its members, and fully supports this policy enacted by the provincial government. With this program in place, you and your fellow club members will be able to continue to train in an activity you enjoy, in a safe, responsible, and stress-free way. Not following this policy would have required a shut down of club operations for the foreseeable future and full transition back to ZOOM.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we navigate the pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
We look forward to seeing you at the dojo!