You have likely already heard the new Public Health protocols laid out by the provincial government.
The full protocols are available here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
The BKA is committed to acting in the best interest of the health and wellbeing of its members, and in enabling students to continue to train in a safe, responsible, and stress-free way. Of note, our existing Covid policy already follows many of the restrictions outlined in the latest provincial guidance.
In response to these new measures, the BKA will take the following actions effective immediately:
Falls under “18 and under” restrictions.
As of Thursday, Sept 16:
- Reinforce symptom screening before class
- Implement temporary “check-in” screening table before class for at least the next two weeks
- Symptom checklist prominently displayed at entrance to facility
- Parents/students are asked to review symptom checklist at home before class, and not attend if they screen positive
- Suspend all partner work; will reassess every 2 weeks
- 2 m social distancing at all times
- Instructors will be masked at all times
- Parent/spectator seating will be limited and distanced
- Continue with enhanced cleaning protocols, open windows for airflow, etc., as outlined in previously circulated Covid policy (available on website)
The BKA will continue to monitor, react to, and exceed recommended public health measures.
For any older youth program students who also wish to attend adult program classes:
The adult program is subject to different restrictions and in particular will be implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program to be able to continue to operate. This means that youth program students will be required to provide proof of double vaccination in order to attend adult classes. Note that this only applies to students who wish to attend adult program classes. Students only attending youth program classes DO NOT need to provide proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination with both doses can be provided in the following ways:
- Print out/screenshot of vaccination statement from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords
- Print out/screenshot of vaccination card from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords (available as of Sunday Sept 19)
- Hard copy/photograph/screenshot of vaccination sheet provided at time of vaccination
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we navigate the pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
We look forward to seeing you at the dojo!