The BKA will continue to monitor, react to, and exceed recommended public health measures. All COVID protocols are reviewed regularly by the BKA COVID Committee, reporting to the BKA Board of Directors.
We are committed to acting in the best interest of the health and wellbeing of our members.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
Reminder: If you feel unwell, please stay home until your symptoms resolve.
BKA reserves the right to send home any student who appears unwell.
BKA Youth and Adult Programs
Program Status: ACTIVE
Protocols Updated: May 22nd, 2022
Standard Protocols for Adult Program
- Hand sanitizer is available at entrance to facility, and at the doors to the dojo.
- Students are asked not to attend if they screen positive for COVID-19, or if they feel unwell in any way.
- If a member of student’s household has tested positive in the past 5 days, they are asked not to attend and to monitor for symptoms.
- Members are welcome to wear a mask when in the hallways of the facility or in class, but are not required.
- Any gear used by students will be properly sanitized at the end of class.
- BKA has returned to training partner work and pad work regularly in classes for all members.
- BKA will not do any class-wide interactive drills until otherwise stated (i.e. rolling line, roaming striking shields, etc).
- Students are encouraged to participate at their comfort level, and the comfort level of their partners.
- No student should feel obligated to work with partners/groups if they are uncomfortable doing so, and are welcome to work drills presented in a solo format.