The time has come for the return to the dojo!
Effective Friday July 2nd, in person classes will resume at the Grandview dojo for Black Belts only on Tuesdays and Fridays (until the end of the clinic series). Black belts may still join classes via zoom if they prefer during this window. All kyu belts are welcome via zoom.
Effective Sunday July 4th, Sunday classes will resume at the Grandview dojo for all ranks (outdoors).
Effective Tuesday July 13th, all ranks are welcomed back to the Grandview dojo for all classes.
Sunday Zoom sessions will end with the class on June 27th.
Tuesday and Friday Zoom sessions will end with the completion of the clinic series on July 9th.
Summer Class Times effective Tuesday July 13th:
Tuesday/Friday Classes: 6:30PM – 8:30PM (All Ranks)
Sunday Class: 6:00PM – 8:00PM (All Ranks)
Class Structure Notes
BKA strongly encourages full vaccination (i.e. 2 doses) against the Covid-19 virus for all members.
BKA commits to following all guidance set forth by the City of Edmonton and Alberta Health Services.
All classes for the month of July will be socially distanced.
Classes are planned to be taught outdoors in the grass or on the back tarmac. Please bring appropriate footwear for training outdoors. During summer training students can choose whether to wear their gi or an athletic top. We recommend that students bring a gi top in their bag, in case of partnered work involving gripping.
Should weather prevent us from training outdoors (heat or storms), we will move into the dojo, and remain distanced.
Partnered Work (tentative start: August 2021, subject to change)
- BKA will not do any group interactive drills for the duration of the Summer 2021 term (i.e. rolling line, roaming striking shields, etc).
- BKA will commit to offering both partnered and solo versions of drills for the duration of the Summer 2021 term.
- Notes on partnered activities:
- If two students are comfortable working as partners in the class for drills, they are welcome to do so, but both partners must agree to this on an individual basis.
- No student should feel obligated to work with a partner if they are uncomfortable doing so. Solo versions of all drills will also be offered.
- If partnering, BKA asks that students stick with a single dedicated partner for the time being.
As a reminder, if you feel unwell, stay home.
BKA will continue to practice enhanced cleaning measures (see full documentation of Covid precautions) as well as providing hand sanitizer at all dojo entrances.
Club Celebration Day on July 13th, 2021
On our first official class back for all members on (Tuesday July 13th), we will take some time at the end of class to celebrate the accomplishments of the members of our organization in the past year. Come out to support the organization, and your fellow club members! Pictures will be taken! 🙂
Thank you everyone. Please feel free to reach out to myself or Sensei Bernadine if you have any questions.
– Senseis Scott and Bernadine